Friday 14 March 2014

Crowd

Linking with Lisa-Jo Baker as a flash mob of writers this Friday.  We're given a prompt and then we write, without worry about whether it's just right.  Join us by clicking the link?

Today's prompt is ~

Crowd

Ever seen those videos which show a single person, still, while the crowd of people round them move in fast frame speed.  So many people, so many places, so much to do.  That seems how life goes these days, but oftentimes I feel like that solitary person alone in the crowd.  It throngs around me, and hums, coming to life, creating it's own breath of life and moves forever forward and onward, gathering momentum.
I don't know why, but I crave the stillness in it all.  As though if I jump in with the crowd, I might just get swept away, might not be seen, might not matter.  It might just take me where I don't want to go.  So I'll keep trying to figure that out, longing for simplicity and quiet - but NOT solitude.

Because being part of something bigger is a beautiful thing.  Belonging is exquisite.  Community is warm and caring and can create something extraordinary.

I don't wish to do this life alone.  So please, count me in!


No comments:

Post a Comment