Friday 27 April 2012

Community

It's Friday again which means we get to write with friends over at the gypsy mama.  Won't you click the link and join us?

Today's prompt is

Community 

I need you friend.  I can't do this great big life without you ~ or maybe I could but it would look and feel a lot different.  I love you because you listen, because you understand, because you help me.  You walk this journey with me and you share the load, share the burden, share the joy.  And friend, when you become plural and one becomes two, then three, then a group, the magic begins.  Because we all have different strength - and weakness.  With a hand in yours we can accomplish much.  With a hand in yours I really can become so much more.  I cherish you friend.  You enhance my life with your love, your honesty, your wisdom and counsel.  You speak truth in to my life and friend, even when it could cost you dearly, you do it anyway.  That is the love and strength of community and we work together, love together, live together.  I'm glad we serve a God who understands the harmony of trinity and community and made us to long for this and be fulfilled by this.  "For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them" (Matt 18:20) - and don't we all want to spend our time in His presence.  Thank you for community.  It is a rich blessing indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment