Thursday 8 March 2012

Empty

Joining Lisa-Jo for 5 minute Friday this week.  I'm sharing this from Children's Hospital in Vancouver BC.  God is gracious enough to allow me 5 minutes in a week of intensive care of my gorgeous daughter.

Empty

Empty was my heart on Sunday at midnight.  I was sitting in Children's Emergency Room with a daughter who went from skipping down the aisle at church on Sunday morning to being critically ill by midnight.  Empty was my heart that bled for the precious daughter diagnosed with a brain tumour.  Empty was my body of water as I cried a river.  How can this be?  How can a good God let this be?  Yet empty couldn't come soon enough for the brain surgery she needed.  I wanted an empty space where that tumour had taken place, alien to her body and need.

Empty soul and broken heart can be turned to something good, because God is good.  Empty became full as my mind filled with songs with words of comfort.  I kept hearing "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord."  And strength did rise and when I couldn't my amazing family, friends, church sisters and brothers rose up for me.  I knew the Lord had my 5 year old girl and finally as she rested in ICU after 36 hours of gruelling empty,  He turns it to good and tells me to trust Him, rest in Him, that I am precious, that she is precious and watch the miracle unfold.  I am full - her tumour excised completely - head empty in the best way.

We still don't know if the tumour is benign or malignant but I am full and have peace.  My faith will rise as we wait upon the Lord, and may I humbly ask that you pray for my precious Jasmine Isabelle this day, my sisters in Christ. x

No comments:

Post a Comment