Friday 28 October 2011

Relevant

Writing along with the Gypsy Mama this morning for 5-minute Friday.  Won't you join the fun? www.thegypsymama.com

I am sifting and sorting through "stuff" right now.  I've accumulated much throughout my life thus far it would seem and as I sift and sort I have to figure out what to keep, what to discard, what is relevant.  What is relevant to my life now.  The memories wrapped up in a box aren't really there at all, the cherishing goes on my heart.  This is true of the bigger picture too.  Sorting through the  "stuff" and trying to figure out what is relevant, serves only to give me peaceful time, where the Lord can whisper to my soul.  He waits as I wait on Him to help me sort the bigger picture and find out what is truly relevant for my life.  My pastor spoke this week and said if we're feeling tired, frazzled and overwhelmed with our lives then we need to pause and re-align ourselves with God's will.   For Jesus promises that His yolk is easy and His burden is light.  I find myself feeling those things, so now it's time to lay down my load and pick up as a servant to allow Him to use me for His will.  It is us - the things of relevance -  the instruments of God's will, mercy and  grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment