Tuesday 18 October 2011

Be still....

Be still.... there's a whisper in my heart to just be still.  But something shouts from every corner - wash me, clean me, tidy me, file me, make me, and the tenderest of read to me, play with me.  But still the pull is there to just be still - to just be and to know, truly know the truth that binds us to this life and the next.  Be still for that moment of clarity.  Be still for that moment of unconditional love.  Be still and know that I am God.  Be still and see the beauty unfold before me.  Be still and behold - yes - even amongst the crumbs on the counter, the dog hairs on the floor, the zillion lego pieces scattered in unlikely corners, the tumbling paperwork, the fretful baby.  Be still, and know.  Be still and accept.  Be still and trust.  Be still, cleave to Him, know Him, love Him and give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment